In 2019, almost every business would have a website. Your website would be the go-to place for your potential customers to learn more about your business. You have a great product but you might not be getting leads or conversions. Your business will not be doing well if you’re not collecting leads.
One of the best ways to change that and get more business and leads is to improve the copy of your website. Sometimes, just having a great product is not enough, and you might need a little nudge and that nudge is usually good copy that will help convert readers into paying customers.
Improving your copy doesn’t just end with improving a lead form or a contact us page, but it goes from your headers, your emails, social media, product descriptions and even your Thank You messages when someone signs up for a newsletter. Everything that has prose in it needs to be copy checked and will need to be analysed to ensure it has maximum conversion value when it comes to the business.
So how do you make your copy work for you?
If you do not know your customer and how they view you as a brand and how they would purchase, you will not be able to make any type of improvements to your copy. Or rather, any improvements you do make might be futile since you would be blindly changing the copy without any concrete evidence that you need it to be changed a certain way.
So the first thing you do is to get your writer or freelance writer to speak to people who have access to your customers. This would usually be the business development team or the sales team. You need them to ask the right questions that make your customer tick. The things that make them tick should be the things that will compel them to use money on your platform.
The step-by-step guide to develop your personas are:
1. Go through your customer contacts database to find trends or commonly tied sequences about how some of your consumers and customers come about your content.
2. Personalise your lead forms a bit more. Get more information like industry type, position in company and maybe size of company. These numbers will definitely help you retarget more people and get a better idea of your customer persona.
3. Interview actual customers and prospects. This can be done in person or over the phone.
Some great examples of buyer journeys are:
By having these personas, your writer can then write copy based on your customers’ pain points, highs and lows and so much more. This allows for more personalized copy and it will make your potential customer buy a lot easier.
Persuasive copywriting is more psychological than it is creative. It has one goal and that is to get people to buy/convert. If the copy is compelling enough, it will then play on the readers emotions to ensure that they click, buy or download whatever it is you offer.
Persuasive copywriting has a few main components. It has to be:
1. Well-written, You need to ensure that the copy is clear and free of grammatical mistakes and spelling errors.
2. It needs to be short and succinct, This means it needs to get to the point, fast. If you take too long to explain something, you reader will lose interest very quickly.
3. Relevant. Using your buyer persona above, you will be able to create copy that is relevant to your target audience and only them. These are the people you want to convert and if you write copy specific to them, you will be able to successfully turn them into leads.
The best way to ensure that your writer is focused on persuasive copywriting is to make sure that they are:
2. Focus on the benefits and rewards of the product
3. Emotional and appeals to their psychology
SEO is a huge thing in the marketing world and having a writer that understands that is extremely important. Without SEO, you won’t be able to rank on Google and if people can’t find you on Google, you will be missing out on so much traffic and leads.Some of the statistics that show that SEO copywriting is extremely important are:According to NetMarketShare, in 2017, Google accounted for over 79% of all global desktop search traffic, followed by Bing at 7.27%, Baidu at 6.55% and Yahoo at 5.06%.Google receives more than 63,000 searches per second on any given day, according to Internet Live Stats.Lastly, according to Andrey Lippattsev, Search Quality Senior Strategist at Google, content of high quality and link building are the most important signals that Google uses to rank your website for search. Therefore, always focus on relevant copy and good copy to convert readers into buyers. If you are looking to hire your next superstar writer, head on over to Rtist at www.rtist.com.my to find that person today！